We collect personal information from you when you open an account with Onflight Couriers and use this information to make your experience on our site as easy as possible. We need it to process your consignment, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to inform you of new services and innovations.
The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you
- Email address – so we can email you consignment confirmation delivery delays, offers etc
- Delivery address – an obvious one
- Telephone number – we’ll only call if we have a delivery problem
- Credit card details* – we only ask for these when you place an order as a non account holder
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
We will never pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes.
The only circumstance where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user’s identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.